Friday, September 13, 2013

Vision Board...sort of?

I've always felt so lame making a vision board.  I act like I'm ashamed of my interests, passions and good memories.  Like I want to hide what makes me happy.  What a pointless habit. A disgusting waste of energy too. 

I'm working on creating a vision board on my computer desktop.  It shows random pictures of past events and memories that make me happy and/or motivate me.  I'm about half done with it.  I add a picture here and there when I have a spare minute. 

I'm also considering a photo album.  Real, hard copies of photos are SO much better than cropped, shrunk images, collaged onto an icon-crowded desktop.  The feel of a photo has a "macaroni and cheese" effect on me.  Comfort food. 

I seek the comfort of prints when all else fails.  And it works.  I'll see one of those photos, all by itself and not part of a busy collage.  That photo will make me smile.  That memory becomes more tangible when I hold a picture in my hand.  The moment captured becomes more real, more intimate. 

I often forget the amazing adventures I have been on.  Usually I'm too caught up worrying about the things I haven't done.  Waste of time and effort.  More positive moments are available in photo form to remind me of the thrill of whitewater rafting.  Camping trips.  That crazy, high train trestle I walked across.  Disneyworld.  The beach.  Sweet family moments.  Friends.  Family.  Connections. 



No comments:

Post a Comment