Wednesday, September 18, 2013

How-we-doing Humpday

After writing out last Wednesday's Pat on the Back post, I started brainstorming other things I should be grateful for.  Progress is progress.  Success is success.  I'd like to keep this up.  This week I'm happy about two food groups that I enjoy eating.

Whole Grains.  I LOVE whole grains!  I prefer brown rice to white rice.  I wish I could afford more wild rice...really adore that stuff!  I enjoy whole wheat noodles and bread.  Ezekiel bread with the sprouted grains - I love that too!  It makes no sense to refine a grain.  None.

Veggies.  I am not a picky eater.  I enjoy those odd veggies people have horror stories about.  I enjoy Brussels sprouts, Lima beans, and okra in any form.  In fact, since my last pregnancy I eat all the "A's" that I once could not fathom eating with joy.  That's right.  Artichoke, avocado, and asparagus are now welcome on my menu.  I've been known to turn up my nose at cooked greens (mustard, collard and turnip), but I can eat ANY greens raw and still savor them.

No comments:

Post a Comment